Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
Based in the Dallas, Texas area, the Application Engineer will be essential to the success in capturing new sales and beating the competition for all of Rohde & Schwarz's T&M product lines with an emphasis on wireless comm testers and systems. The individual in this position will act as the expert-in-the-field for currently deployed wireless standards as well as new and emerging technologies. He or she will function as an arm of the Technology Management group by leading technical discussions within the sales team. The successful application engineer will be very familiar with the various standard documents for the wireless standards as they relate to our R&S test instrumentation. He or she will be a highly motivated individual with a balance of deep technical knowledge and business savvy in order to maximize effectiveness in front of technical and economic buyers.
Application Engineer - Wireless Technologies
- Collaborate with Account Managers in the development of sales opportunities, support customer evaluations, and provide customer on-site pre and post sales support.
- Deliver effective demonstrations that highlight product differentiators, anticipate and solve customer issues and challenges, and present solutions utilizing our products to address and solve our customer’s test and measurement challenges.
- Create and deliver technical sales collateral to present to customers and to train account managers.
- Responsible to continuously learn new products, applications and technologies.
- Excellent Sales Skills as the expectation is that this position requires constant collaboration with local sales to drive the sales cycle, develop account and opportunity plans and relationship maps.
- Superlative Presentation skills
- Outstanding time management to be able to manage and support multiple concurrent sales opportunities and support requirements
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- First-rate problem solving skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, mostly domestic, but including some international travel to our headquarters in Munich, Germany
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies: 5G, LTE, WLAN and BT.
- MSEE preferred with at least 5 yrs experience in an AE or technical sales support role.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-DAL-50805707-003. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.