Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are currently looking for an RF/uW Systems Architect in the Dallas, Texas area to accommodate the rapid growth in our OTA, Antenna Test, and EMC systems business. The ideal candidate has a passion for cutting edge technologies and working with industry leaders across all segments of the market, is energized by having direct contact and influence with virtually all functional areas within our organization and thrives in creative and entrepreneurial environments, backed by the benefits and stability of a large organization with a true long-term vision. At Rohde & Schwarz, you can be yourself while still fitting in.
RF/uW Systems Architect
- Pre-Sales – understand customer application needs and test plan requirements in order to scope preliminary designs, develop customer quotes, and produce technical proposals
- Systems Design & Test – develop complete design packages & documentation for production handover and systems testing within our Texas facility
- Systems Installation & Training – supervise & perform onsite systems installation, integration, acceptance testing, and training at customer facilities across North America
- Systems Support – provide third-level support to customers who have purchased R&S systems & solutions for OTA, Antenna Test, and EMC test applications
- Customer Satisfaction – ensure timely resolution of specific design, production, implementation, and support issues, by managing escalations and coordinating local & remote resources as required
- Process Improvement – develop standardized design concepts & best practices for project execution
- BSEE (or equivalent) with at least 5 years of experience in RF/uW test systems design or operation
- Working knowledge of ever-evolving OTA, Antenna Test, and/or EMC testing standards & methodologies, instrumentation, amplifiers, antennas, anechoic chambers, and measurement system software
- System design knowledge with a thorough understanding of RF fundamentals including VSWR, insertion loss, signal modulation formats, system sensitivity, noise figure, and power / field strength calculations
- Experience in remote programming and control of test instrumentation
- Hands-on experience with relevant R&S and/or competitive test solutions
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer interface skills
- Deep problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Customer facing experience in a highly competitive sales organization
- Must work well with multiple personality styles in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Maintain calm & professional demeanor while being driven by multiple competing interests & priorities
- Ability to travel extensively within the US with occasional international travel
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-DAL-50789557-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.