Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are looking for a highly motivated signal integrity engineer with experience in serial protocols integrity analysis and processing to join a team developing oscilloscope measurement applications in the North American R&D Center in Hillsboro, Oregon.
The candidate will design, implement and test embedded measurement applications for the family of our oscilloscopes. The applications require analyzing serial protocols in which the candidate will apply digital signal processing techniques to ensure signal fidelity.
Signal Integrity Engineer
- Work with local and remote teams to define electrical interface and signal integrity solutions based on technical standards
- Contribute to identification and implementation of appropriate digital signal processing algorithms on signal chain (for example equalization and clock and data recovery blocks).
- Design, implementation and test of measurement software
- Embedded software integration and troubleshooting
- Generation of system level software requirements and design specifications
- B.A. / B.S. in Electrical engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent educational certificate.
- High speed serial protocol signal integrity analysis (BER, baseline wander, etc.) experience.
- Working experience in C++ and the willingness to improve their programming skills to match our advanced development environment.
- Interfacing and cooperating with international teams
- Ability to travel occasionally to European and U.S. locations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Desirable skills and experiences: Practical experience in using oscilloscopes in multiple measurement environments. Knowledge of probing techniques to avoid measurement errors. Background in time domain measurements like serial data decoding, pulse, triggering, etc. MATLAB to generate and analyze waveforms. Configuration Management Git. Knowledge in Python.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.email@example.com and reference job number US-PDX-50782873-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.