Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are seeking a professional Technical Writer to support proposals and projects within our Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) markets. This position is based out of our Columbia, MD headquarters. Candidates will have excellent technical editing skills and will be responsible for generating accurate and compelling content and publications.
- Create and manage document templates in accordance to R&S design guidelines and industry standards.
- Creates compelling sales and marketing materials based on concepts from sales team.
- Coaches subject matter experts in persuasive writing.
- Compiles draft content from numerous sources into organized and coherent volumes.
- Reviews and corrects spelling, punctuation, grammar and format.
- Corrects style, flow and readability of technical and non-native English text while retaining meaning.
- Harmonizes styles to ensure consistency across multiple large and convoluted documents.
- Coordinates and tracks writing assignments for technical content creators.
- Adapts templates to customer requirements and proposal strategy.
- Prepares final documents for printed/bound and digital distribution.
- Embraces graphics as part of message conveyance
- Excellent “technical English” writer and editor.
- Extremely organized.
- Expert in accepted style guides.
- Expert in MS Word editing, publishing tools (e.g. InDesign, Acrobat, etc.).
- Proficient in office software: PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, Project.
- Understands formats of typical US Government-style proposals.
- Understands formats of US Government-style training materials & manuals.
- Able to communicate at a senior level.
- Web page design experience beneficial.
- Graphic design skills beneficial.
- Ability to travel.
- U.S. person.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.email@example.com and reference job number US-BWI-50781611-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.