Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to support projects within our growing communications system business with the FAA and Air Traffic Control communications market. This position is based out of our Columbia, MD headquarters. This position is responsible for managing and ensuring software quality based on R&S processes and industry standards. The candidate will work on project teams, monitor internal software development, and will be responsible for audit of subcontracted organizations.
Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer
- Develop and enforce project quality management plans based on R&S processes, customer requirements, and industry standards.
- Oversee project design, delivery and testing to ensure conformance to quality processes, budget and schedule.
- Work closely with other QA and R&D engineers.
- Verify that system requirements are clear, testable and consistent.
- Document test cases and tractability to requirements.
- Document conformance through records and tracking systems.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness.
- Create test plans and procedures using automation.
- Manage problem/defect reports, corrective action plans.
- Perform risk analysis, root cause and corrective actions.
- Expose and isolate software performance and compliance issues.
- Develop and administer a system to track problem tickets and failure reports to closure.
- Research and implement new tools, technologies, and conformance testing processes.
- Provide guidance to Program Manager on risk management plan.
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant engineering degree.
- 5+ years of experience with strong understanding of SQA process and methods.
- Proficient with test scripting tools, analysis and modeling software, test and measurement equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Linux (CentOS & RedHat), databases (SQL), networking basics.
- Proficient in scripting, e.g. Python, Bash.
- Experience configuring and analyzing VoIP networks, computing infrastructure, software deployments, wireless beneficial.
- Fluent in relevant business tools such as MS Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point.
- Proficient with requirements management tools such as DOORS, Cameo, etc.
- Professional certification, such as Six Sigma, Quality Engineer, or Quality Auditor beneficial.
- Knowledge of QA terms, tools, and methodologies.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%.
- Proactive, analytical, detail-oriented and self-managed.
- Comfortable managing peer-deliverables and auditing of project team.
- US citizen capable of receiving a US Government security clearance.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.email@example.com and reference job number US-BWI-50781559-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.