Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are seeking an experienced System Engineer to support our growing communications system business within the Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) markets. This position is based out of our Columbia, MD headquarters. The position is responsible for working with the systems and development teams to generate and run effective test plans and procedures that prove the functional and non-functional requirements of the system. The candidate will work on project teams, with sales teams on proposal efforts, and directly with our customers to ensure compliant deliverables. The candidate will be comfortable with networking and computing systems, software, requirements tools, and related analysis tools.
- Develop test plans and procedures according to program statement of work, system requirements and specifications, R&S processes, and industry standards.
- Work with design team and system architect to maintain requirements verification traceability matrix (RVTM).
- Design clear and reusable test cases and procedures utilizing automated tools and collection where possible.
- Orchestrate and conduct internal and customer test events within project schedule and budget.
- Contribute to all phases of technical design review to ensure testability, quality, and traceability.
- Provide direct support to design and project teams to isolate root causes of issues, provide analysis, and implement fixes that result in compliant deliverables.
- Generate test reports, problem/defect reports, mitigation plans.
- Conduct analysis of system requirements.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to customers and R&S Sales and Engineering teams.
- Support Sales in the development of technical proposals.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant engineering degree.
- Experience in test programs for large US Government programs.
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience with strong understanding of test process and methods.
- Fluent in relevant business tools such as MS Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point.
- Proficient with requirements management tools such as DOORS, Cameo, etc.
- Proficient with test scripting tools, analysis and modeling software, test and measurement equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Linux (CentOS & RedHat), VM’s.
- Experience configuring and analyzing VoIP networks, computing infrastructure, software deployments, wireless beneficial.
- Experience with VoIP networking tools such as GL Communications and security scanners beneficial.
- Experience with Python, C, C++ beneficial.
- Understanding of industry best practices, standards, USG contracts.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% (more during critical phases).
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Proactive, analytical, detail-oriented and self-managed.
- Comfortable working in a team, without formal direction, and as lead.
- US citizen capable of receiving a US Government security clearance.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.email@example.com and reference job number US-BWI-50781557-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.