Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are seeking an experienced System Engineer to support our growing communications system business within the Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) markets. This position is based out of our Columbia, MD headquarters. The candidate will be responsible for pre/post-sale technical support, including product configurations, system architectures/designs, technical proposals and program execution. As a technical expert supporting both programs and sales teams, the candidate will possess a solid business perspective and have excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Provide direct technical support to project leadership, sales team, and R&S customers.
- Work independently to create customer deliverable configurations, reports, and documentation.
- Translate customer needs into competitive solutions maximizing R&S content.
- Create technical proposals, including requirements management, modeling/analysis, SWaP-C, material selection, program planning, technical writing and presentations.
- Design, integrate and test radio frequency, network, and software systems.
- Perform product/system maintenance and troubleshooting in the laboratory and field.
- Support business development through trade studies, strategy and customer intimacy.
- Perform demonstrations, training and trade shows.
- Manage requirements and performance validation.
- Work proactively with product managers to incorporate technical feedback from customers.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or relevant engineering degree.
- 5+ years of experience designing, integrating, and testing systems for government customers.
- Experience operating and configuring HF/VHF/UHF radios, IP networks and/or software platforms highly beneficial.
- Excellent understanding of industry best practices, standards, USG programs.
- Fluent in relevant business tools such as MS Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point.
- Proficient with requirements management tools such as DOORS, Cameo, etc.
- Experience with test scripting tools, analysis and modeling software, test and measurement equipment.
- Experience configuring and analyzing VoIP networks, computing infrastructure, software deployments, wireless beneficial.
- Experience with VoIP networking tools such as GL Communications and security scanners beneficial.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%.
- Strong communication and customer interface skills (verbal and written).
- Must be proactive, well organized and self-managed.
- Must be US person capable of receiving a US Government security clearance.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.email@example.com and reference job number US-BWI-50781551-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.