Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are seeking an experienced System Engineer to lead projects within our growing communications system business with the FAA and Air Traffic Control communications market. This position is based out of our Columbia, MD headquarters. The candidate will be responsible for pre/post-sale technical leadership, including product configurations, system architectures/designs, technical proposals and program execution. As a technical expert supporting both Programs and Sales teams, the candidate will possess a solid business perspective and have excellent relationship building and communication skills. Experience leading government programs mandatory. This position will require excellent system engineering and networking skills as a primary technical representative to our customers for our VCS-4G product line.
System Architect - ATC Systems
- Lead system design and deployment of R&S ATC system projects.
- Serve as primary interface between customers, engineering team and program leadership.
- Work closely with program management on planning and implementation of customer projects.
- Foresee and mitigate issues that could affect project performance, schedule or budget.
- Mentor technical team on process, format and quality expectations.
- Generate professional documentation and presentations.
- Provide requirements management, modeling and analysis of IP-based ATC systems.
- Provide expert level technical support and troubleshooting to customers and R&S Sales team.
- Translate customer needs into competitive solutions maximizing R&S content.
- Support business development through trade studies, strategy and customer intimacy.
- Support Sales in the development of technical proposals, configurations and quotations.
- Perform demonstrations, training and speak at trade shows.
- Work closely with the product design teams in Europe.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant engineering degree.
- 7+ years of experience as lead architect deploying systems for critical infrastructure customers.
- Experience designing, integrating and testing VoIP networks, computing infrastructure, software deployments, and radios.
- Excellent understanding of federal government contract structure and project management practices.
- Cisco CCNP, CCIE or equivalent networking certification preferred.
- Familiarity with EUROCAE ED 137 Interoperability Standards for VoIP ATM Components preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. DoD, FCC, and FAA standards.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government cyber security standards.
- Strong communication and customer interface skills (verbal and written).
- Proactive, highly organized, analytical and self-managed.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%.
- US person capable of receiving a U.S. Government security clearance.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50781543-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.