Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are seeking an experienced Proposal Manager to support our growing aerospace and defense, air traffic control (ATC) and homeland security businesses. This position is based out of our Columbia, MD headquarters.
This position is responsible for leading proposal teams responding to our federal, C4ISR prime and critical infrastructure customers. The proposal manager will work closely with business development and senior management to implement winning strategies and will lead multidisciplinary proposal teams to deliver consistently excellent responses under tight schedule constraints.
This is an opportunity for a candidate with industry experience and strong leadership skills to mentor and motivate functionally and geographically diverse teams to deliver winning proposals and be a significant contributor to our success.
- Translates vision of business development, sales and senior leadership to multidisciplinary proposal team.
- Creates and manages proposal schedules, tracks actions and motivates on time completion.
- Participates in strategic planning, including evaluation of marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns, and developing win strategies.
- Maintains database of source material and researches information to include in proposals.
- Coaches technical and sales teams on strategy development, story boarding, price-to-win, themes and competitive messaging.
- Prepares and delivers board-level and customer presentations.
- Enforce company processes and guidelines.
- Leads color team reviews.
- Reviews, organizes, and edits written documentation to ensure consistency and messaging.
- Dissects and enforces sections L & M of RFP’s.
- Performs final quality check of all deliverables for quality, compliance, messaging.
- Coordinates with sales to develop, research, track, and follow-up on leads.
- Responsible for error-free delivery of proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (business, marketing, engineering, etc.).
- Expert understanding US Government-style proposals, process, formats.
- Comfortable leading teams in time-critical and high stress environments.
- Deep understanding of organization strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Strong knowledge of government acquisition regulations (FARS/DFARs, import/export, security, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of government contract models and processes.
- Extremely organized.
- Professional and effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in office software: MS Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, Project, Acrobat.
- Ability to travel.
- US person.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.email@example.com and reference job number US-BWI-50781461-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.