Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are looking for a highly motivated Protocol Conformance Applications Engineer for the wireless chipset applications team in our San Diego, CA office. As a Protocol Conformance Applications Engineer for R&S, the candidate will support R&S non-signaling and signaling call boxes for all wireless technologies, including 5GNR and LTE. This role involves support and/or creation of test automation programs for calibration and verification of various wireless technologies like Bluetooth, WLAN and LTE. It involves supporting and integrating chipset drivers and test equipment drivers for RF test automation in a production environment.
Protocol Conformance Application Engineer
- Support manufacturing test API’s for R&S test equipment and specific wireless chipsets
- Support and maintain test tools in the wireless manufacturing test ecosystem
- Review and understand customer and technology specification documents
- Support key wireless chipset and wireless manufacturing customers on site, mostly in North America but occasionally in Asia/Europe.
- B.A./B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent educational certificate
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in RF & wireless communications
- Expert knowledge of calibration and verification test principles in wireless production testing
- Experience programming in C# .Net environment. Perl, Python, C++, NI LabView & TestStand also helpful
- Understanding of instrument & wireless device control, including SCPI programming
- Proven ability designing, implementing, debugging and understanding complex hardware/software systems and projects
- Experience working with mobile communications systems such as 5GNR, LTE, GSM, WCDMA, CDMA2000, WLAN, BT
- Experience with ADB(android)/COM/Socket based communication interfaces.
- Experience with leading chipset vendors : Qualcomm, Intel, Broadcom
- Experience with the usage and application of mobile test equipment
- Demonstrated experience with effective time management and strategic project responsibilities
- Domestic and International travel ~25%
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at email@example.com and reference job number US-SAN-50777685-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.