Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
As a member of the technical sales team area based in the Dallas area, this Application Engineer will will collaborate with Account Managers in the development of sales opportunities, support customer evaluations, and provide customer on-site pre and post sales support. This individual will be essential to the success in capturing new sales and beating the competition for all of Rohde & Schwarz's Test & Measurement product lines with an emphasis on wireless communications testers and systems.
Application Engineer - Wireless Technologies
- Creation and delivery of technical sales collateral to present to customers and to train account managers
- Creation of white papers and application notes.
- Delivery of effective demonstrations that highlight product differentiators, anticipating and solving customer issues and challenges, and presenting solutions utilizing our products to address and solve our customer’s test and measurement challenges.
- Act as the expert-in-the-field for currently deployed wireless standards and new technologies This individual will function as an arm of the Technology Management group by leading technical discussions within the sales team.
- Responsible for continuously learning new products, applications and technologies.
- Have an intimate familiarization of the different standard documents for the wireless standards as they relate to their test with the R&S test instrumentation.
- Excellent Presentation delivery
- Excellent time management to be able to manage and support multiple concurrent sales opportunities and support requirements
- Excellent Sales Skills as the expectation is that this position requires constant collaboration with local sales to drive the sales cycle, develop account and opportunity plans and relationship maps.
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, mostly domestic, but including international
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies: 5G, LTE, WLAN and BT.
- BSEE preferred with at least 5 yrs experience in a AE or technical sales support role
- Highly competitive individual that has a balance of the deep technical knowledge and business savvy that maximizes effectiveness in front of technical and economic buyers.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-DAL-50687536-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.