Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
As the Import/Export Administrator based in our Columbia, MD office, you will work directly with and provide direction to the brokers, carriers, and freight forwarders to ensure the timely clearance of inbound goods, and the dispatch of export shipments in full compliance with U.S. Customs & Border Control (CBP) regulation, other US Government agency (State - USML/ITAR and Commerce Dept – EAR/CCL/ECCN) requirements, and corporate policies and procedures. As part of the trade compliance team, this position is the primary point of contact for internal and external customers when questions about international shipments arise.
- Oversee the daily operations of customs brokers, carriers, and freight forwarders in coordination with the Logistics Manager.
- Coordinate international shipments; prepare and review necessary documentation and custom forms for the efficient and lawful execution of import/export activities
- Review, reconcile, and approve Entry Summaries, Customs Form 7501
- Determine and maintain HTS and Schedule B classifications.
- Maintain trade compliance master data in SAP
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external customers on import and export compliance matters.
- Temporary Import Bond, and CARNET maintenance and oversight
- Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) coordinator
- Participate in internal trainings and audits
- Maintain a working knowledge on changes in import and export laws and regulations
- Proactively manage technical and lawful changes
- Excellent knowledge and 3+ years of practical experience in: product classification according to US import/export laws and regulations including but not limited to the U.S. Customs regulations, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS); international shipping documents (commercial invoice, packing lists, house bill of ladings, master bill of ladings) and U.S. Customs entries forms
- B.S. in Operations Management, Supply Chain, or Transportation is preferred
- Familiarity with INCOTERMS
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask and remain detailed oriented
- Must be a U.S. Person
- Excellent problem solving skills
- SAP and MS-office software experience
- Travel < 10%
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.email@example.com and reference job number US-BWI-50686271-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.