Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
Based in our Columbia, MD headquarters office, the import/export compliance specialist is responsible for ensuring import/export compliance including U.S. Harmonize Tariff Schedule classifications, ECCN and ITAR classifications, and record keeping. This position will work closely with supply chain, product management, engineering, sales, and other group companies trade compliance teams around the world.
Import/Export Compliance Specialist
- Perform daily Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), and/or Schedule B, and ECCN or ITAR classifications.
- Maintain trade compliance master data in SAP
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external customers on import and export compliance matters.
- Participate in internal trainings
- Conduct formal audits to review import and export compliance
- Maintain a working knowledge on changes in import and export laws and regulations
- Proactively manage technical and lawful changes
- Excellent knowledge and five+ years of practical experience in product classification according to US import/export laws and regulations including but not limited to the U.S. Customs regulations, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Five+ years of technical experience in electronic, RF, measuring, and digital technologies with knowledge and ability to read complex product data sheets, circuit diagrams, and technical drawings.
- Working knowledge of D-Trade and SNAP-R.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be a U.S. Person
- Excellent problem solving skills
- SAP and MS-office software experience
- Practical experience in product classification according to EU and German export control laws and regulations (dual use and military) is a plus.
- Ability to travel < 10%
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.email@example.com and reference job number US-BWI-50681909-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.