Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas. Founded 85 years ago, the independent company has an extensive sales and service network in more than 70 countries.
Rohde & Schwarz (Australia) Pty Ltd is an Australian subsidiary of Rohde & Schwarz specialising in the sales, service and system engineering of test and measurement , secure communications, broadcast and media solutions and monitoring and network testing.
Add value and make a contribution by being responsible for the engineering management of subsystems for the SEA5000 Future Frigate Project, a "top tier" defence project.
- Drive the engineering governance and engineering leadership of systems for the project
- Manage a project engineering team of approximately 10 workers
- Establish and define engineering work from a high-level statement of works
- Develop time and material estimates
- Deliver technical solutions to meet requirements
- Achieve project requirements and technical objectives
- Accountable for engineering budgets, costs and sub-supplier services Comply with Company policies and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor of Engineering qualifications
- Proven systems engineering management experience in the Australian Defence industry
- Capability to lead and develop an engineering team and an outstanding team culture where workers produce excellent results
- Structured approach to projects and to the integrated communication systems
- The ability rapidly gain a thorough understanding of Naval Communications Systems
- Experience in requirements management, interface management, electrical/mechanical integration (ideally on naval platforms), validation and verification management, systems safety management and configuration management
- Proficiency in using the following tools: SharePoint, DOORS, RQM, RTC, E-Plan/AutoCAD
- Australian citizenship, as you will be required to either have Australian Defence security clearance or you will be required to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance
A competitive salary package that includes bonuses, 17.5% annual leave loading and salary continuance insurance; Free on-site parking is available as well as being within a great public transport hub that is close to the office; Training and development opportunities to keep your skills up-to-date; Flexibility for work life balance; and a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please apply by e-mail. Rohde & Schwarz (Australia) Pty Ltd, Yvonne Shehata, Ref. number: SEA5000-01 e-mail: Yvonne.Shehata@rohde-schwarz.com. If you have any questions, please call: +61 2 88745 136.