Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
As one of our Broadcast Transmitter Service Technicians, you will be part of a customer-focused team dedicated to provide support to Rohde & Schwarz customers on all “Over the Air” Broadcast transmitters and associated broadcast systems and test devices. In-house and on-site support will include troubleshooting and repairs, preventative maintenance, phone support with effective problem resolution.
The Broadcast Transmitter Service Technician position is located in Columbia, Md.
Service Technician - Broadcast Transmitters
- Follows established policies and procedures in conducting repairs, preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment to ensure they are in proper working order
- Provide technical assistance and participates in after hour emergency phone assistance
- Isolates equipment malfunctions and takes corrective action
- Represents the company in a customer support role and is responsible for customer’s satisfaction with equipment and servicing
- Prepares daily logs and reports of work performed
- Assigned projects are moderately complex, requiring some independent action
- Provide warranty and emergency service on transmitters and associated broadcast equipment
- Provide input and feedback to service and development groups on customer needs
- Provide customer support in a highly professional manner
- BSET or Technical degree/cert with two or more years equivalent experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer interface skills
- Basic understanding of signal modulations and characteristics
- Strong electronic testing experience, and capable of performing a wide range of troubleshooting and repair activities
- Must possess the ability to work under changing priorities
- Background in RF technologies and test & measurement equipment a benefit
- Broadcast transmitter product experience with an understanding of current broadcast industry technologies beneficial
- Ability to travel when needed and provide 24/7 phone support
- Ability to lift >80lbs
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50644785-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.