Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
With regional offices in Maryland, Texas, California, and Oregon, we provide our customers in North America with extensive after- sales support, training, free technical support and close personal contact from our engineers out in the field.
Based in our Columbia, MD headquarters office, the Procurement Analyst will be the linchpin connecting order management, program management and systems architects. This position offers to the ideal candidate the potential to grow into a larger role as the department expands.
- Ensure purchase orders are placed on time with suppliers and vendors in accordance with project objectives.
- Track purchase orders; record, maintain, and dispatch materials.
- Maintain frequent communication with suppliers, from order placement to receipt, to ensure quality and schedules are met
- Update ERP system to reflect order status
- Perform various duties to expedite materials delivery from suppliers and vendors.
- Work with logistics department and transportation companies to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Prepare and maintain reports on supplier and vendor performance, and material usage.
- Prepare material and purchase requisitions for materials needing repair, replacement, and to meet project schedules.
- Coordinate the return and replacement of defective materials to the supplier and expedite material back.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Good problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management preferred or 2-5 years of experience in purchasing/expediting
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Power Point and Word) and analytical skill required.
- SAP and project management experience is preferred
- Domestic & international logistics experience with knowledge in shipping and receiving procedures and be able to interpret shipping documents, invoices, packing slips
- This position might require the use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50660218-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.