Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
Based in our Columbia, MD facility, the RF/Electronics Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides front-line technical and application support to customers and is often the first point of contact for users of Rohde & Schwarz test equipment. As the face of the company, the Technical Support Engineer is crucial to company success.During the Pre-sale process, the TSE interfaces with field sales and the customers to understand and recommend Rohde & Schwarz solutions. During the Post-sales process, the TSE shares technical application and product knowledge with the end user and assists in troubleshooting unexpected product behavior. In all cases, the TSE strives for a quick, effective resolution while maintaining an unwavering commitment to follow-through and customer satisfaction.
Technical Support Engineer - RF/Electronics
- Pre-sales technical product and application support for internal and external customers
- Understand customer application requirements and map them to a Rohde & Schwarz solution
- Demonstrate product capability relevant to customer needs
- Identify and recommend white papers, application notes or other relevant content to customers
- Refer sales opportunities to direct sales team and channel partners per company processes
- Coordinate complex demonstrations with field applications engineers and other subject matter experts
- Post-sales technical product and application support for internal and external customers
- Provide hardware/software test engineering support to meet customer challenges
- Interpret and explain test equipment specifications and changes or enhancements to products
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) applications using Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Vector Network Analyzer, Power Meters etc.
- Knowledge of Time Domain (TD) applications with Oscilloscopes.
- Familiar with programming languages e.g. Python, C++, LabView etc.
- Ability to read and understand test automation code/routines
- Ability to conduct product training remotely via phone, webinar, videos
- Adept at operating in a complex, technical, fast-paced environment
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including occasional trips to our Munich headquarters
- BSEE (or equivalent)
- Entry level (recent graduate) or 2+ years’ experience in design, application or system engineering role
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50639778-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.