Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
We are looking for a System Administrator in our Columbia, Maryland location. This position is for a highly skilled System/Network Administrator in the datacenter operations team. This team maintains, develops, deploys, and operates Infrastructure and related Services. The US datacenter operations team is an integral part of the global IT operations, providing operational support for global infrastructure services and consulting to remote offices in the Americas. This position reports to the Manager of Infrastructure & Desktop Support.
- Work with local IT team to manage on-site and remote infrastructure including Firewalls, proxy servers, load balancing appliances, as well as physical and logical networks and server infrastructure, operating systems, and applications.
- Administer and maintain security of operating systems and Platforms.
- Provide operational support for the organization's information systems and peripheral equipment such as application servers, database servers, web servers, desktops, printers and storage devices
- Provide end user support / second level support within your area of expertise, handling assigned trouble tickets through to completion in a timely manner in-line with company SLA targets
- Perform recovery procedures, scheduling and back-ups and monitor batch processes
- 5+ years in global infrastructure operations.
- Strong problem solving skills and hands-on experience in supporting all aspects of datacenter platforms including Firewall, Load balancers, Servers, Switches, Virtualization, Operating Systems, SAN and DAS Storage, Windows, Mac OS X/ macOS, IOS, Android platforms,
- Solid understanding and proficiency of office and collaboration software, MS Outlook, Office, SharePoint, and Skype
- Full professional proficiency in English and preferably Spanish
- Excellent presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to work in the US and travel to Germany (10%) and Latin America (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- One or more advanced certifications e.g. CompTIA Security+ ,GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials, Checkpoint, Bluecoat, Cisco, Brocade, Silver Peak, Citrix, Vmware , Veeam, Windows Server, Linux Server, Dell, HPE, Synology, APC,
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50617871-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.