Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
We are looking for a software developer to join our wireless device manufacturing automation group in San Diego, California. We are an international multi-site team that creates test automation solutions for wireless devices.
If you like radios, micro controllers, writing code and making things work then we would like to talk to you. Skills that interest us are software development, RF testing, device communication protocols, and test automation.
- Design, implementation and testing of wireless test automation software.
- Wireless device driver development.
- RF test equipment automation development.
- Analyze device communication in vendor tools.
- Implement RF device calibration algorithms.
- Reproduce and debug customer reported errors.
- M.S./B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent educational certificate.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to design, implement, integrate, debug and understand hardware/software systems and projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio for .NET development.
- Experience with revision control systems such as GIT.
- Experience programming in C# or similar object oriented language.
- Strong ability to debug and analyze failures throughout the test chain.
- Ability to travel occasionally to worldwide and U.S. locations.
- Excellent communication and thorough documentation skills.
- Desirable skills and experience: Working knowledge of RF test equipment. Experience with micro controllers or wireless development platforms and the ability to work in a small team environment interfacing with multiple global teams.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at email@example.com and reference job number US-SAN-50598713-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.