Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
As a global diversified technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany, we are looking for a Corporate Tax Manager in the Columbia, Maryland facility.
- Lead tax team to deliver best in class outcomes and practices for all tax requirements for North America
- Through individual contribution, managing team effort, and working through third parties, ensure successful outcomes for all tax requirements: policy development, nexus analysis, research, filing, reporting, audit, and accounting.
- Significant focus (~75%) on indirect tax (emphasis sales and use tax) oversight with hands-on effort required for audit defense, business process improvement, and as Vertex subject matter expert.
- Optimize insourcing vs. outsourcing strategy
- Drive information systems team to implement SAP functionality to optimize productivity
- Manage vendor relationships including commercial negotiation
- Create and present material regarding tax strategy, compliance, initiatives, KPI, etc.
- Improve processes by developing, documenting, and implementing best practices
- Tax categories include SUTA, Income, Franchise, Gross Receipts, Property, Payroll, R&D Credits, and transfer pricing with a significant focus on SUTA.
- Support global tax planning and compliance initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (CPA and or MST preferred)
- Fifteen years minimum experience as a tax professional. (twenty plus preferred)
- Ten years indirect tax (emphasis sales tax): filing, audit support, system implementation, etc.
- Five years management experience preferred
- Strong verbal communication and active listening skills
- A strong continuous improvement process mindset (Lean training a plus)
- Experience driving change in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to develop systems to ensure proper controls and compliance
- Well-developed capabilities with Microsoft Excel and Office
- SAP FICO experience preferred
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50568915-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.