Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior level software engineer, with experience in hardware and signal processing to join a team developing oscilloscope measurement applications in the North American R&D Center in Beaverton, Oregon.
In a test-driven environment, the candidate will design and implement system tests for the family of our scopes. This person will be responsible for maintaining our build and test environment in cooperation with international sites.
Senior Software Engineer
- Design and Implementation of system tests for the family of R&S oscilloscopes
- Analysis of industry specifications for signal processing
- Creation of simulated test signals
- Enhancement and maintenance of automated build and test system.
- B.A./B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent educational certificate.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong oscilloscope background
- Background in time domain measurements like serial data decoding, pulse, triggering, etc.
- Proven ability to write and maintain software in Python
- To be able to understand, design and communicate complex measurement issues.
- To be able to understand physical layer electrical issues and how to validate related measurements.
- Proven ability interfacing with multiple teams with multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel occasionally to European and U.S. locations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Desirable skills and experiences: MATLAB to generate and analyze waveforms, C++ knowledge to support in debugging the code base, Configuration Management with Clearcase or GIT, & Knowledge in Perl
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at email@example.com and reference job number US-PDX-50562395-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.