Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
We are looking for a highly experienced Foreign Military Sales Manager for our Secure Communications and our Monitoring and Network Testing Divisions. This individual would ideally be located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and will work within a team focused on increasing Rohde & Schwarz’ brand awareness and market share in transactions involving all aspects of foreign military sales and USAID opportunities. The ideal candidate will own the entire FMS process and have a proven record of accomplishment in the customer community.
Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Manager
- Grow Rohde & Schwarz market share in FMS transactions
- Increase the company’s brand awareness with FMS and USAID stakeholders
- Work with government, prime and internal stakeholders and the sales teams to identify opportunities early and develop strategies to increase orders through the FMS/FMF process
- Engage with embassy staffs, foreign military representatives, and in-country Rohde & Schwarz representatives to facilitate equipment sales
- Maintain a current and detailed knowledge of the FMS/FMF processes and keep the Rohde & Schwarz team up to date.
- Develop and maintain an operational and technical understanding of the Rohde & Schwarz Secure Communications and Monitoring and Network Testing portfolio
- Maintain a current knowledge of the US Government’s security assistance and nation-building priorities and programs
- Establish effective working relationships with the Secure Communications and Monitoring and Network Testing sales and program teams in bringing opportunities to closure.
- Work closely with the Product Divisions in Germany
- BS or MS in a technical field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Physics), MBA or MPA (Public Administration) preferred, 10+ years of experience in DoD, DHS, USAID, or prime contractors focused on all aspects of security assistance acquisition, including offset requirement
- Program management experience on FMS programs
- Existing network in the US Government, foreign embassy staffs, and prime contractors focused on security assistance
- Strong business development sales and communications skills and the ability to handle multiple programs concurrently
- Ability to analyze and shape customer requirements that emphasize the value of Rohde & Schwarz solutions
- Ability to travel up to 50% nationally & internationally
- Fluency in German is an asset
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50561177-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.