Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications.
Based in our Columbia, MD office, the Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides front-line technical and application support to customers and is often the first point of contact for users of Rohde & Schwarz equipment. As the face of the company, the Technical Support Engineer is crucial to company success. During the sales process, the TSE interfaces with field sales and the customer to understand and demonstrate Rohde & Schwarz solutions. Post-sale, the TSE shares technical application and product knowledge with the end user and assists in troubleshooting unexpected product behavior as the need arises. In all cases, the TSE strives for a quick, effective resolution with an unwavering commitment to follow-through and customer success.
Technical Support Engineer
- Pre-sales technical product and application support for internal and external customers
- Understand customer application requirements and map them to a Rohde & Schwarz solution
- Demonstrate product capability relevant to customer needs
- Identify and recommend white papers, application notes or other relevant content to customers o,,Refer sales opportunities to direct sales team and channel partners per company processes
- Coordinate complex demonstrations with field applications engineers and other subject matter experts
- Post-sales technical product and application support for internal and external customers
- Provide basic hardware/software test engineering support to meet customer challenges
- Interpret and explain test equipment specifications and changes or enhancements to products
- BSEE (or equivalent)
- Entry level (recent graduate) or 2+ years’ experience in technical application support role
- Knowledge of RF applications, modulation techniques, time and frequency domain analysis
- Knowledge of programming languages and test executive software, e.g. SCPI, LabView, C++
- Ability to read and understand test automation code/routines
- Ability to conduct product training remotely via phone, webinar, videos
- Ability and desire to acquire, retain and share technical knowledge
- Understands technical sales, marketing and service processes
- Adept at operating in a complex, technical, fast-paced environment
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including occasional trips to our Munich headquarters
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at email@example.com and reference job number US-BWI-50561980-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.