Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
The Technical Operations Manager will be based in our Columbia, Maryland service facility. This person will work closely with the technical operations team to ensure the smooth workflow of service jobs and performance achievement of the technical service teams. In addition, this person will work with the Service Manager on resource planning, P&L achievement, process monitoring and improvement utilizing Lean tools and processes.
Technical Operations Manager
- Lead technical operations management team to achieve best in class operating metrics by building a strong team, implementing lean tools, and working cross functionally to enhance the performance of the service delivery framework.
- Maintain favorable working relationships with employees through open communication, visibility, and involvement to promote a positive working environment that maximizes safety, employee engagement, productivity, and efficiency.
- Continually analyze, identify and set expectations to motivate the team and to achieve objectives and goals through providing feedback and recognition.
- Organize recruitment and placement of required team members. Establish organizational structures.
- Work with Information Systems teams to build systems and structures to further develop the process inventory & related SAP ERP
- Lead, promote, and facilitate continuous improvement activities while using problem solving and lean tools to drive change. Drive the use of best production practices such as lean manufacturing, visual management, & 5S.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Engineering (Industrial, Electrical, etc.), Supply Chain Management or related discipline required.
- Masters in Business, Supply Chain, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in a technical supply chain operation with minimum 5 years in direct management experience.
- Diverse supply chain experience in planning, sourcing, logistics, or process control desired.
- Results driven leadership, with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities & deadlines.
- Strong applied understanding of LEAN manufacturing principles. Training in Lean, Six Sigma, or comparable systems.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50561173-002. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.