Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
We are looking for a RF Systems Design Engineer for its Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) business in Flower Mound, Texas. RF Systems Design Engineer will design, plan, execute, and finalize EMC systems projects according to customer requirements.
RF Systems Design Engineer
- Design, direct and manage RF EMC system solutions.
- Operate Rohde & Schwarz Analyzers and instruments used for EMC, OTA and Test Systems.
- Develop configurations, system proposals, integration concepts for specific customer requirements.
- Working in a technical lead role, define project scope of work, goals and deliverables to meet customer requirements
- Develop full-scale system design project plans and associated communications documents
- Work with RSNA Production and Integration Center to integrate and test systems at our Flower Mound, TX integration facility.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to engineering team members in a timely and clear fashion
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Identify and resolve technical issues
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Proactively manage technical changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project and across project boundaries ,,
- BSEE in the field of Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years direct work experience in a system design / project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Deep knowledge of various EMC testing standards
- Thorough understanding of RF issues related to VSWR, insertion loss, phase tracking, 3rd order intercept, modulation and power
- RF system design knowledge with a thorough understanding of system sensitivity, noise figure and power / field strength calculations
- Intricate knowledge of designing and implementing complete turnkey EMC Systems – instrument selection, electrical power design, antenna selection, amplifier selection, cable design and layout, rack design and layout
- Experience in remote programming test instrumentation
- Experience with EMC control software (R&S EMC32, TILE!, and others)
- Ability to travel up to 50% both nationally and internationally
- Familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at email@example.com and reference job number US-DAL-50532021-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.