Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television..
The Application Engineer will be a critical factor in the ongoing success of our components team. This is a nationwide position and the person can be located anywhere within the United States.
Application Engineer - Components
- Technical support for RF and microwave Test and Measurement instruments.
- Support and consulting of customer test plan implementation and development.
- Partner with the components Business Development Manager to form a complete understanding of the components business in the U.S.
- Grow R&S market share with the assistance of the components BDM.
- Work closely with various customers and R&S account managers across the U.S.
- Develop and present local seminars and customer training sessions.
- Provide technical feedback to product line.
- Reporting structure to R&S U.S. with close ties to our headquarters in Germany.
- BSEE (or equivalent). MSEE preferred.
- Experience working with test equipment including spectrum analyzers, signal generators, vector network analyzers.
- Technical understanding of how to test various components (e.g. amplifiers, crystal oscillators, filters, equalizers, matching networks, mixers, PLLs, receivers, RF modules, VCOs, etc.) from R&D through production.
- A solid understanding of current technologies and industry interdependencies within the RF & uW components industry.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and persistent with strong customer interface skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Programming experience of component test solutions required. Specific knowledge in LabView, MatLab required. Experience in various other software languages a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50% nationally and occasional international travel.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50546564-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.