Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Development Engineer for their Protocol Stack Development team, based in Beaverton, Oregon. As a Senior Development Engineer for R&S, the candidate will work as part of a team dedicated to the design, implementation and support of protocol stack embedded firmware, for the Mobile Network Testing product line, targeting wireless communication standards including 802.11, LTE, CDMA2000 and 1xEV-DO.
Senior Development Engineer
- Design, implement and debug protocol stack embedded firmware
- Create test plans and implement unit and system tests
- Develop and maintain internal tools and build systems
- Participate in Agile/Scrum planning and refining processes
- Support, collaborate with, and mentor other team members
- Work closely with local and international teams
- Support external customers and R&S field support for troubleshooting / defect analysis
- Participate in software peer reviews
- Document designs and implementation
- Research and review Wireless Communication technical standards & specifications
- Present technical concepts to peers and other internal teams
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, EEE or equivalent educational certificate.
- M.A/M.S in Computer Science or EEE preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability designing, implementing, testing and debugging complex software systems.
- Proven C++ experience, particularly developing complex, object-oriented, multi-threaded solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of protocol stacks is a strong preference
- Ability to travel occasionally to European and U.S. locations.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) with both internal and external customers.
- Experience with RF test equipment
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Python and PERL experience desirable
- Background with Scrum development and Rational Team Concert (RTC) is desirable
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-PDX-50515559-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.