Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
We are looking for a highly motivated Chipset Applications Engineer for the wireless chipset applications team. As a Chipset Application Engineer for R&S, the candidate will support R&S non-signaling and signaling call boxes for all wireless technologies, including LTE. This role involves support and/or creation of test automation programs for calibration and verification of various wireless technologies like Bluetooth, WLAN and LTE. It involves supporting and integrating chipset drivers and test equipment drivers for RF test automation in a production environment.
Wireless Chipset Support Application Engineer
- Support manufacturing test API’s for R&S test equipment and specific wireless chipsets
- Support and maintain test tools in the wireless manufacturing test ecosystem
- Review and understand customer and technology specification documents
- Support key wireless chipset and wireless manufacturing customers on site, mostly in North America but occasionally in Asia/Europe.
- B.A./B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent educational certificate
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in RF & wireless communications
- Expert knowledge of calibration and verification test principles in wireless manufacturing
- Experience programming in C# .Net environment. C++, NI LabView & TestStand also useful
- Understanding of instrument & wireless device control, including SCPI programming
- Proven ability designing, implementing, debugging and understanding complex hardware/software systems and projects
- Experience working with mobile communications systems such as LTE, GSM, WCDMA, CDMA2000, WLAN, BT
- Experience with ADB(android)/COM/Socket based communication interfaces.
- Experience with the usage & application of mobile test equipment
- Domestic and International travel ~25%
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BAY-50513668-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.