Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an engineering organization with nearly 84 years experience in producing high quality, world-renowned test and measurement equipment, as well as state-of-the –art TV & FM transmitters. As one of our Broadcast Transmission Support Engineers, you will be part of a customer-focused team dedicated to provide support to Rohde & Schwarz customers on all “Over the Air” Broadcast transmitters and associated systems and devices. Support includes working with our customers via phone, remote connection, ticketing system or via email to troubleshooting and resolve customer cases.
The Broadcast Transmission Support Engineer position will be based out of our Burbank California office or Columbia Maryland facility.
Support Engineer - Broadcast Transmission
- Deliver support to our transmitter customers via phone, remote connection, ticketing system or email.
- Interact with customers to diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Provide technical assistance during office assignments and participate in after hour emergency phone assistance.
- Work closely with our Service and Repair teams as well as our third party suppliers to provide complete resolution to customer cases.
- Must possess the ability to work under changing priorities, interface with other departments/employees, meet due dates frequently within an established budget.
- Ability to travel across North America.
- BSEE (or equivalent).
- Five+ years of Transmission and Broadcast product experience
- An understanding of current broadcast industry technologies (particularly video, TV and broadcast technologies and components such as antenna, combiner, main supply, cooling and remote control systems)
- Solid understanding of all types of signal modulations and characteristics
- Solid background in RF transmission and amplification technology
- Solid background and knowledge of transmission and broadcast measurement test equipment
- Strong electronic testing experience, and capable of performing a wide range of installation activities
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50497747-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.