Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. We develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
We are looking for a highly experienced Business Development Manager for Emerging Technology /Business Fields. This person can be based anywhere within the Untied States. Potential markets could include Body Scanners, Government Projects, and Enforcement Agencies. This individual will work within a team, focused on increasing the Rohde & Schwarz market share and brand awareness in the United States. The ideal candidate will own the entire sales process and have a proven track record in the customer community.
Business Development Manager - Emerging Technology/Business Fields
- Help R&S expand their footprint into new customers and markets.
- Develop and execute strategy for new market expansion.
- Expand Rohde & Schwarz’s brand awareness in new business fields.
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities in the US domestic and US export markets.
- Influence and capture existing opportunities based on knowledge of market mechanisms, R&S product benefits & relationships to the customer community.
- Develop campaign strategy, price to win and teaming arrangements to increase win rate on targeted opportunities.
- Contribute to and/or author marketing materials, customer RFI responses, proposals and quotes.
- Establish effective working relationships with the US based sales and programs teams as both a leader and individual contributor.
- Work closely with the Product Divisions based in Munich, Germany.
- BS or MS in technical area (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics), MBA preferred, 10+ years of sales/capture experience to customers in the US DoD, DHS, primes and export market.
- Experience managing government acquisition processes, regulations, program requirements.
- Existing network of relationships within US government and related contractors.
- Technical and/or program management experience.
- Strong business development and marketing skills with the ability to manage multiple sales projects.
- Ability to analyze customer requirements and sell solutions that meet those requirements, emphasizing the value of our solutions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50494836-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.