Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. Plus, we develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television.
Join our subsidiary R&S USA, Inc. in Beaverton (OR) (USA) at the earliest possible date as a Senior Protocol Software Engineer. The candidate should have strong 3GPP LTE L1/L2 and RRC protocol experience, to extend RF specific protocol development on the CMW500 as part of our TS8980 RF test system. The candidate must have experience in C++/C# object oriented programming.
Senior Protocol Software Engineer
- Design, implementation and testing of software to configure CMW500 for RF testing.
- Protocol based software integration and troubleshooting.
- Creation of system level software requirements and design specifications.
- Participation in software design reviews.
- Reviewing standards documents for technical issue resolution.
- M.S./B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent educational certificate.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to design, implement, integrate, debug and understanding complex hardware/software systems and projects.
- Knowledge of 3GPP LTE Physical layer and RF Conformance tests.
- Proven ability interfacing with multiple teams with multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel occasionally to worldwide and U.S. locations.
- Plusses include experience in cellular communications systems such as LTE, WCDMA, CDMA2000, 1xEV-DO, knowledge of 3GPP LTE RLC/MAC, RRC and NAS layer protocols, background in RF testing, R&S CMW500, ClearCase, RTC and MS Visual Studio.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at email@example.com and reference job number US-PDX-50425115-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.