Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We're recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. Plus, we develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television. We do business in more than 70 countries worldwide, and we value individuals who share our main objective: To be the best!
Join our Production and Materials Management Division in Munich (Germany) at the earliest possible date as
Category Manager (m/f)
- Understanding, analyzing and forecasting the software engineering services market and industry dynamics
- Serving as category subject matter expert for best practices of contracting software engineering services
- Developing and driving the implementation of commodity group strategy
- Driving benchmarks, managing risks, and performing supplier due diligences
- Definition of strategic frameworks for as well as support of supplier managers in contract negotiations with suppliers
- Close cooperation with supplier managers and business units to ensure a stable partnership relationships with key suppliers
- Closely partner with supplier managers to perform bid processes including review and approval of requirement specifications in consideration of commercial and legal requirements
- University degree in engineering, computer science or a comparable field
- Qualified professional experience in engineering services procurement
- Strong knowledge of relevant software engineering processes as well as of strategic management and devising category strategies
- Understanding of relevant industry trends and business practices within the field of engineering services
- Experience in outsourcing/nearshoring/offshoring of software development
- Expertise in contract management, especially in contract negotiations
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, with a process- and results-oriented approach to work
- Very good command of written and spoken English and German
Rohde & Schwarz delivers more than state-of-the-art products – we also provide state-of-the-art employee benefits. In addition to industry-standard benefits, we offer extras such as an excellent company pension plan, flexible working hours and a wide range of cultural, sport and recreational activities. Our comprehensive, standard-setting training program is individualized and tailored to current needs. In short – we offer ideal starting conditions.
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please apply online at Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG, Simone Heinrich, Human Resources, Ref. number: DE-MUC-50367830-000. If you have any questions, please contact our recruiting team: +49 89 4129 13801.