Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are seeking an experienced Configuration Management / ILS Specialist to support projects within our Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) markets. This position is based out of our Columbia, MD headquarters. This position is responsible for customer project configuration management and will report to the program manager. The candidate will have CMS experience and will be comfortable developing a CM plan, guidance documents, databases and assisting the project team to maintain compliance. This position will also work closely with the engineering teams to create ILS plans and documentation.
Configuration Management/ILS Specialist
- (CM) Design, develop and establish configuration and data management plans and documents based on program requirements.
- (CM) Provide advice and guidance on methods, procedures and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
- (CM) Develop configuration management procedures and coordinate to resolve configuration issues.
- (CM) Provide configuration management direction to technical documentation personnel.
- (CM) Manage documentation and communication of status and change control of development and deployed system.
- (CM) Review and publish defect and RMA reports generated by subject matter experts.
- (CM) Provide guidance to Program Manager on risk management plan.
- (ILS) Develop and execute Integrated Logistic Support Plans, Maintenance Support Plans, and other customer required plans.
- (ILS) Establish and Maintain the LSAR database for all deliverables, maintain Spares Lists, create ECCN import export descriptions, process and close ILS related action items.
- (ILS) Oversee and prepare reports containing reliability analysis (RMA and FMEA) and logistics support analysis performed by the product development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in the related field.
- Knowledge of CMS terms, tools, and methodologies.
- Experience with Change Control Boards, defect tracking, project baseline maintenance, formal change control processes, and formal functional and physical audit practices.
- Professional training / certification in CM processes (e.g. CMMI, ISO, MIL-STD).
- Ability to learn and implement CM/DM & QA tools.
- Familiarity with US Government ILS processes and guidance.
- Ability to learn and implement logistic modeling tools supporting MIL-STD or relevant industry standards (e.g. GEIA, S3000L).
- Experience in obsolescence management.
- Experience in related work with the FAA preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, databases.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.
- Proactive, analytical, detail-oriented and self-managed.
- Comfortable managing peer-deliverables and auditing of project team.
- US citizen capable of receiving a US Government security clearance.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50781609-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.