Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are seeking an experienced Business Development and Sales Manager to grow our communications system business within the US Navy, USCG and Prime community. This position is based out of R&S’s Columbia, MD headquarters (near Washington, DC) or near relevant Navy or Coast Guard acquisition centers.
This individual will work within a team focused on increasing Rohde & Schwarz’s market share in the United States. Candidates will have an established network within the naval C4I community and will comfortably navigate the acquisition process. Experience with radio communications and shipboard integrated communication systems is beneficial.
This is a hands-on position enabling candidates with a clear strategic vision and strong personal drive to contribute directly to R&S’s Secure Communications Division’s success and growth.
Business Development Manager
- Grow Rohde & Schwarz market share – develop and manage sales funnel/forecast as part of the sales process.
- Expand Rohde & Schwarz’s Secure Communications brand awareness.
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities in the US domestic and US export markets.
- Influence and capture existing opportunities based on knowledge of market mechanisms, R&S product benefits & relationships to the customer community.
- Develop campaign strategy, price to win and teaming arrangements to increase win rate on targeted opportunities.
- Contribute to and/or author marketing materials, customer RFI responses, proposals and quotes.
- Establish effective working relationships with the Secure Communications sales and programs teams within Rohde & Schwarz.
- BS or MS in relevant technical area (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics) or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of sales/capture experience to communications program customers in the US DoD, DHS, primes and export market.
- Experience managing government acquisition processes, regulations, program requirements.
- Existing network of relationships within US government and related contractors.
- Technical and/or program management experience with Navy communications systems, including operational knowledge and ability to demonstrate benefits of communication systems solutions.
- Strong business development and marketing skills with the ability to manage multiple sales projects.
- Ability to analyze customer requirements and sell solutions that meet those requirements, emphasizing the value of our solutions.
- Ability to add value to the team as both leader and contributor.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%.
- Exceptional communications skills in person, over the phone and in writing.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to RSNA.firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50763906-001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.