Rohde & Schwarz develops, produces and markets innovative products for test and measurement, broadcast and media, cybersecurity, secure communications and monitoring and network testing areas.
We are seeking an experienced System Engineer / VoIP Architect to support our growing communications system business within the FAA and Air Traffic Control communications market. This position is based out of our Columbia, MD headquarters.
The candidate will be responsible for pre/post-sale technical leadership, including product configurations, system architectures/designs, technical proposals and program execution. As a technical expert supporting both Programs and Sales teams, the candidate will possess a solid business perspective and have excellent relationship building and communication skills. This position will require excellent system engineering and networking skills as a primary technical representative to our customers for our VCS-4G product line.
Senior Systems Engineer/VoIP Architect
- Lead system design and deployment of R&S ATC system projects.
- Serve as primary interface between customers, R&S product design team and program leadership.
- Provide requirements management, modeling and analysis of IP-based ATC systems.
- Provide expert level technical support and troubleshooting to customers and R&S Sales team.
- Translate customer needs into competitive solutions maximizing R&S content.
- Support business development through trade studies, strategy and customer intimacy.
- Support Sales in the development of technical proposals, configurations and quotations.
- Perform demonstrations, training and trade shows.
- Work closely with the product engineering teams based in Europe.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant engineering degree.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent certification required; CCIE or equivalent preferred.
- 7+ years of experience designing and deploying systems for critical infrastructure customers.
- Experience engineering VoIP networks, computing infrastructure, software deployments, radios.
- Familiarity with EUROCAE ED 137 Interoperability Standards for VoIP ATM Components preferred.
- Excellent understanding of industry best practices, standards, USG contracts.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%.
- Strong communication and customer interface skills (verbal and written).
- Proactive, highly organized, analytical and self-managed.
- US citizen capable of receiving a US Government security clearance.
Apply via E-Mail
If this sounds like the job you‘ve been looking for, please email your resume to Anne Cowper at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number US-BWI-50760506-000. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer.